Connect with us

Published

on

The World Anti-Doping Agency confirms the case is not related to intentional doping, allowing the tennis player to return to the court in time for Roland Garros

Let’s hope it’s finally the right time for the Sinner case to be closed, dismissed. The world’s No. 1 tennis player, had his disqualification reduced to three months because the World Anti-Doping Agency (Wada) confirmed that he tested positive for clostebol, found in March 2024, but that this positivity was caused by accidental contamination related to the use of a cream by his physiotherapist. Thus, this was not a case of intentional doping.

The International Tennis Integrity Agency had already decided not to suspend the Italian last year, but Wada had appealed to the Court of Arbitration for Sport (Tas), asking for a harsher disqualification of one to two years. However, an agreement was reached last Saturday that provides for a reduced suspension of three months, from Feb. 9 to May 4, allowing Sinner to participate in Roland Garros.

Despite some criticism from players such as Novak Djokovic, Wada general counsel Ross Wenzel defended the decision, saying the penalty is proportionate. “This case has nothing to do with intentional doping,” he told BBC Sport. “We received mixed opinions, but it shows that the sanction, although not popular with everyone, was fair and based on accurate scientific assessments.”

THE LATEST NEWS

Obama says aliens exist, denies secrets in Area 51

Former US president speaks during a podcast interview, mixing statements and irony about extraterrestrial life Obama statement during podcast interview...
Read More
Obama says aliens exist, denies secrets in Area 51

Israel Defense Forces soldiers evacuated after crowd incident in Bnei Brak

Tensions in the ultra-Orthodox city near Tel Aviv after reports of draft order delivery spark protest Two IDF soldiers were...
Read More
Israel Defense Forces soldiers evacuated after crowd incident in Bnei Brak

Putin accused of poisoning Navalny, scientific evidence confirmed by the UK

The UK announces evidence confirming the use of a lethal nerve agent against Alexei Navalny while he was detained in...
Read More
Putin accused of poisoning Navalny, scientific evidence confirmed by the UK

Bannon Epstein messages reveal plan against Pope Francis

The Bannon Epstein exchanges revealed by US Justice Department documents detail discussions about efforts targeting Pope Francis. Justice Department documents...
Read More
Bannon Epstein messages reveal plan against Pope Francis

Iran regime mass killing justification claims in leaked video

Leaked footage allegedly shows a regime security strategist defending mass killings during anti-government protests, according to activists Leaked video and...
Read More
Iran regime mass killing justification claims in leaked video

New Epstein revelations and scrutiny on Prince Andrew

Royal family highlights charity and social causes as attention returns to Epstein documents and links to the former duke. New...
Read More
New Epstein revelations and scrutiny on Prince Andrew

Di Tendenza/Trending