Trump weighs military strike on Iran as nuclear talks advance
The White House remains silent while U.S. forces reposition in the Middle East and Tehran prepares a draft nuclear agreement
Trump weighs military strike on Iran as nuclear talks advance, with the White House offering no clear indication of the president’s next move.
Senior administration officials have declined to comment publicly, even as U.S. media reports suggest that a potential strike could be imminent. Hundreds of American troops have been evacuated from several U.S. bases in the Middle East, including Al Udeid Air Base in Qatar. On Friday morning, President Donald Trump told reporters he is considering a targeted operation aimed at pushing Tehran toward a new agreement on its nuclear program. “I think I can say that I’m thinking about it,” he said.
Draft agreement expected within days
The Iranian government has stated that a draft agreement with Washington will be ready within two or three days, rather than the previously announced ten. According to Axios, the Trump administration is prepared to consider a proposal allowing Iran to conduct “symbolic” uranium enrichment, provided it has no pathway to building a nuclear weapon.
The Guardian reported that Iran is unwilling to export its stockpile of approximately 300 kilograms of highly enriched uranium. However, Tehran would be open to diluting the enrichment level — currently at up to 60% — under the supervision of the International Atomic Energy Agency.
Trump weighs military strike on Iran as nuclear talks advance against this backdrop of parallel diplomatic and military tracks.
Military options under review
In recent weeks, the president has been presented with multiple military options, including scenarios involving direct action against Iran’s Supreme Leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, and his son Mojtaba. “The president has not yet decided whether to strike,” a source told Axios. “He may never do it.”
If Trump were to authorize an operation, it would mark the second time in less than a year that the United States and Israel have targeted Iran, following joint U.S. and Israeli airstrikes last June against military and nuclear facilities.
According to an intelligence source cited by Adnkronos, the administration may wait several more days before making a decision. One factor is the positioning of the aircraft carrier Gerald R. Ford, which is not yet in place. The carrier recently passed through the Strait of Gibraltar after months deployed off Venezuela and is expected to move toward waters near Cyprus in support of Israel.
The White House is reportedly seeking to ensure that all forces are in position — both to carry out a potential strike and to defend against possible Iranian retaliation — before taking its next step.
Trump weighs military strike on Iran as nuclear talks advance, leaving the region on edge as diplomacy and military planning unfold simultaneously.
THE LATEST NEWS
(Photo: © AndKronos)
-
International-News22 ore agoUS Supreme Court blocks Trump tariffs under IEEPA
-
News10 ore agoAddio al piccolo Domenico, è morto il bimbo trapiantato con un cuore danneggiato
-
International-News2 ore agoMystery surrounds the disappearance of Sarah Ferguson
-
In Evidenza4 ore agoSi valuta la rimozione di Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor dalla linea di successione



You must be logged in to post a comment Login