International-News
Trump says Iran strike was “one hour away” as U.S. sets deadline for talks
Segui tutte le notizie senza perderne una
The U.S. president signals a narrow diplomatic window for Tehran while warning that a large-scale attack remains possible if negotiations fail
Speaking to reporters from the White House ballroom construction site, U.S. President Donald Trump said a military strike on Iran had been “one hour away” before being suspended, while warning that Washington could still carry out a broader attack if negotiations fail.
“Iran strike one hour away” was, according to Trump, the level of operational readiness reached before the decision to pause the planned action. He added that the situation remains fluid, stating that the United States may still “hit hard again,” without providing certainty on next steps.
Narrow diplomatic window
The president said the United States has given Iran a limited timeframe—“two or three days, maybe until Friday, Saturday or Sunday, or early next week”—to return to negotiations and reach an agreement.
The window, he stressed, is temporary and tied to what he described as ongoing diplomatic momentum involving regional actors.
Trump also said he had informed Israel of the decision to allow additional time for talks, noting that several Middle Eastern leaders had urged a short delay to keep diplomatic channels open.
Mixed signals on escalation
Despite the suspension, Trump maintained a hardline tone, arguing that the prospect of conflict is more politically acceptable than often portrayed.
“Everyone tells me war with Iran is not popular, but I think it is,” he said, adding that he is focused on concluding rather than explaining the situation.
He also reiterated claims that Iranian military capabilities had already been “completely destroyed,” while suggesting that developments in negotiations remain uncertain.
Tehran rejects pressure framing
From Tehran, Iranian Deputy Foreign Minister Kazem Gharibabadi accused Washington of presenting threats as diplomatic opportunities, calling the U.S. stance a form of coercion disguised as peace efforts.
He reaffirmed Iran’s readiness to respond to any military action, stating that the country would not accept surrender terms and would resist any escalation.
Iranian military officials also warned that any further confrontation would be met with a significantly stronger response than in the past.
Regional diplomacy and competing proposals
According to Trump, regional leaders including the Emir of Qatar, the Saudi Crown Prince, and the UAE President had encouraged Washington to pause military action to allow negotiations to continue.
He said discussions are ongoing and described the possibility of an agreement preventing Iran from acquiring nuclear weapons as “within reach,” while stressing that no final outcome has been achieved.
At the same time, Iran has reportedly put forward a broader proposal including sanctions relief, unfreezing of assets, an end to maritime restrictions, and wider regional de-escalation measures.
Intelligence assessments and military posture
Regional reporting and intelligence assessments cited in international media suggest Iran has been reinforcing missile capabilities and preparing for potential renewed hostilities during recent periods of reduced fighting.
Despite this, U.S. officials have not confirmed any immediate operational decision, framing current activity as contingency planning rather than an imminent strike order.
(Photo: © by Petty Officer 2nd Class Andy Anderson/dvidshub.net)
THE LATEST NEWS

You must be logged in to post a comment Login